My little family

My little family
This is me and my 3 kids in banff its our favorite place to go!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Goodbyes

OK, I know I know, I have been a terrible blogger lately! Since I've been working at this new job for the last two weeks I just haven't found a routine that works for me. I feel like I have absolutely no life. Here is a glimpse of a typical day:

5 am - Get up, get ready
630am - Get kids up and ready
715 am - Load everyone in the car, drop kids at day home, off to work
8 am - Start work. Work, work, work.
5 pm - works done! Drive home.
530pm - pick kids up from day home.
545 pm - Get home, start dinner.
630 pm - Eat dinner.
710 pm - Clean up from dinner, do dishes.
745 pm - Bathe kids
815 pm - Scriptures and bedtime.
830 pm - I'm pooped! Switch the laundry/fold laundry.
9 pm - Have a bath (sometimes), Read scriptures myself.
930pm - Go to bed!

I do enjoy my job, but I already see everything happening that I totally didn't want. My children are fussy, and angry to go to day home. I don't have anytime to keep up with my house, let alone any sort of life. I have no quality time with my kids, and I have lost touch with people in my ward. I even found out I was replaced for visiting teaching. No one even talked to me about it, or anything. I hate working, I hate Shane for destroying my life. I like my job itself, it is good. I know with time I will figure out a way to "manage". But what kind of life is that? Trust me I was raised by a working mom, who worked hard and did all that she could to support us, and I love her with all my heart, but I know that I spent a lot of time wishing she could have been there more. (And I'm sure she wished it too.)

I just am having a bad night, with bad news about losing my visiting teaching partner and the sister's I was visiting. I feel like it was such a waste of time trying to get to know them, so one day they could feel like they could call on me. Well, that day never came, and I didn't help anyone. I just got shuffled away, because I work. I shouldn't even really be on here blogging about it. I just really got to love them all, and am hurt that I will no longer have that with them, just because of my job. (Not that I ever thought VTing was going to be permanent or anything) its just the way it happened.

So, to the sister's I've grown to love and appreciate, Kristin, Tamara and Lisa, I will miss visiting you!

2 comments:

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I might need to come over there and shake you! (in the kindest way!)
It was definitely not a waste of time. You established all those relationships. Remember the night you rescued me? You listened to the Spirit and were able to bless my life. The meals you've made us - we're friends now, and that's the point.
Now you have an opportunity to bless other sister's lives that need you. (P.S. You'll really love all of them. I know you will enjoy visiting them and they will become dear friends of yours.)
I WILL MISS YOU!
P.S. I hope this comment doesn't sound rude. Just picture my happy voice saying it!

lisaworsey said...

Tara, Tara, Tara - I'll miss going with you too. Never feel that it was a waste of time or that you've been shuffled away. It's like Kristin said, you now get to bless the lives of other sisters in the ward. You have a wonderful spirit about you and now others will get to see it and have the wonderful opportunity of getting to know you better.

Don't worry, you can still make me yummy treats and hang out here any time. It would kinda suck if we could only be friends with those we visit teach! Your life sounds pretty hectic right now, think of this change as something to make your life easier, you don't need to feel any guilt about not getting out to see them because of work. The new beat you have is great and so is your companion - trust me, you'll have fun.

BTW, I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm gonna stalk you now lol!