My little family

My little family
This is me and my 3 kids in banff its our favorite place to go!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Clean Sheets

Ok, I have to say it. I love the feeling of fresh, clean sheets. I changed the linens on my bed today, and granted it was a week or two over due, because of the Christmas holidays (I'm usually really good at doing it weekly) but it felt SOOOO GOOD!! I've always loved that feeling. But I do eat in bed, I will snack at night while I'm online, or reading, which totally disgusted my one friend. I think she has OCD though, because I would hate to have to eat at the table all the time. Or is it gross to eat in bed? Well I still am loving every minute of stretching out and enjoying the crisp feel of clean sheets. That must be why In the past I used to keep two sets of bedding choices on hand, including the bedspread and everything. Now I'm down to one, and it has lipstick stains all over it. No, I did not makeout with my blanket. lol. Let's just say a select Grandparent gave my daughter some lipstick, which was a fantastic gift!(insert sarcasm here). So when Shane saw her come home with lipstick he said, Berlyn you shouldn't use that in Mommy's room, and left it at that. Then watched her trott off to play... with her lipstick. She was heading straight for my room with all the other kids. I came home from being out to find my beautiful (expensive) bedspread ruined. :) That is just such typical father behavior. "What, I told her!" Any mother would have seen that and taken it from her right away, and kept it for 'special' play times. I will admit right now Berlyn and I play with makeup, she loves it, we both look like clowns or worse when she's done with us. But I always tell her we're pretty and I always lock up the makeup when we're done! Now back to the good stuff - I think my favorite is when the boys get in on it- yes, I let River and Elias play makeup, but I will say they play more like goofy, and intentionally make silly faces with it, like moustaches and things like that. I enjoy that too. I really need to get a camera, so I could put pictures up of this stuff! :)

No comments: