My little family

My little family
This is me and my 3 kids in banff its our favorite place to go!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Gratitude

I am so grateful for all the loving support I have been receiving from friends, and family, and almost strangers. It really does make a huge difference, a few kind words of support, or hearing another person's positive outlook brightens my day, fills my heart each day, and carries  me onward. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful support system and want to thank all of you who have been in touch with me lately and giving me such great words of support. Often times I think of those who carry the spirit with them so strongly and I like to spend time around them, or ask them for guidance. Somehow I figure it will just wear off on me! So far here is some of my favorite things I have heard lately (Mostly thanks to Dawna!):

As children bring their
Broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken
Dreams to God, because
He was my friend.
But then, instead of
Leaving Him,
In peace, to work alone;
I hung around and
Tried to help,
With ways that were my own.
At last, I snatched them
Back and cried, “How can you be so slow?"
"My child," He said,
"What could I do?
You never did let go."

Fill your minds with TRUTH. Fill your hearts with LOVE. Fill your lives with SERVICE. -Monson-

"Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come."
Here is a few of the talks that I have heard lately as well, that have inspired me, and have come to me, like in answer to prayer. I am so greatful for the counsel of the church, for the guidance and direction it gives us in our lives, so we may never feel lost.

By Elder Paul V. Johnson
By Elder Neil L. Andersen
By Elder D. Todd Christofferson
By Elder Bruce A. Carlson
I am so very grateful for those in my life who have been so very supportive and kind. Thank you for your love and support. It has been just what I need to help me through these hard times, and I appreciate all of you! It has given me the ability to carry a hopeful attitude, and continue to believe in great things to come. THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Mont and Dawna said...

Tara, I am so glad you appreciated those things as much as I did (and do). I know how much it helps to feel support and words of council from others in difficult times. And I'm happy that you are getting that from a great support network of friends and others :) I hope you are doing better and that things just continue to improve each day and throughout this New Year to come :) hang in there :) And thanks for the links and quotes. I will have to come back to check these out when I have some more time. Have a Happy Sunday!