My little family

My little family
This is me and my 3 kids in banff its our favorite place to go!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hear Goes Nothing!

So 2011~ Who's excited? I am! Its funny I really have no idea what this year is going to look like for me, but I am at the point where I just want to get on with it! Lets do this. Last year was a tough year for my family, so I am thinking its like having a brand new canvas put in front of me for 2011. Instead of trying to paint over the old picture over and over, trying to fix it. Just a little background about me, I am getting divorced from my husband. I know it stinks. Life is kind of a toss up, day to day trying to figure out whats going to happen, or how I'm going to support my children. But amazingly I have my faith to keep me going, and when that gets weak I have wonderful amazing sisters in the church who help support me. Its funny over the holidays were some really tough days for me, and as I struggled many days on facebook I kept seeing a particular posting that was captioned "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". I liked it, but didn't think a whole lot of it. then, after repeatedly seeing it, I heard a song on the Christian radio station with the lyrics "I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me." As soon as I heard the line in the song, I stopped and was like "no" and I thought about it, and smiled, and I said unto myself, "ok Heavenly Father, I get it now. It may have taken you a few tries but I finally see the message you're sending me." So I too know, I CAN do all things through Christ, who strengthens me, and my faith is just a little bit stronger because of it.

So I have never been one for making new years resolutions, I always feel like there is no point. There are so many statistics out there that talk about the increased rate of failure due to the pressure just from setting your goals on the new year! So I try never to do this, but this year is different for me. For me, I have so many things changing already in my life I basically have spent the last month (all of December) just waiting for it to pass by, so I could get going on all the fabulous changes and goals I want to start this year! So I think that it will be a fine time for me. This is one of the main reasons I chose to start this blog, so I can document my progress through out the year, and see how well I am doing on these goals. So I'm sure by now you're wondering just what these goals are, well here goes:
  1. To improve my parenting skills, more specifically by mastering the parenting techniques taught in the Parenting a strong willed child book. (I have 2 strong willed children and I just think all around they are good ideas for parenting in general).
  2. To become more organized with my books and paperwork for my business. I plan to do this by doing the books on a weekly basis instead of a quarterly/semi annually basis. It really did suck to pull out 6 months of personal and business related receipts in December and have to go through them all, just to do what should have been some light bookwork. All because I was procrastinating simple work and disorganized.
  3. To increase my self-worth. That's right people I said it. I want to feel better about who I am inside. Not that I'm not a good person, I just want to BELIEVE it. :) I told you, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I think there are lots of people who struggle with this, its just hard for us to admit it.

I probably want more for myself, but lets face it, those are pretty huge, so I'm going to stop there. Any other undertakings I take on I won't make an annual commitment to, so if I fall away from them I won't feel like I failed. So, I hope you enjoy my blog, I know its kind of a dry beginning with nothing big or exciting or fun really, but I didn't promise you any of those things! And I'm sure and days go by the journey will get better.

3 comments:

Joni said...

I think this is an amazing idea Tara!! Good for you. I will be following you for sure :)

Tara said...

Thanks Joni! I appreciate your comment. I am glad to know I'm not just writing to myself now. haha. :)

Mont and Dawna said...

I love your thoughts in here, Tara. I believe all of us can do hard things through Christ and a Desire of our own to do them. Thanks for your commenting on my blog and your openness on yours. I appreciate blogs like yours for the way they help others not feel isolated in their trials and to understand or sympathize in the trials they don't experience on their own. I am sorry to hear of yours right now and I hope that the migraine headaches lessen and leave and that the challenges you are facing going through a divorce will never leave you feeling less than the daughter and child of God that you are!
I don't mind at all that you read my blog, I don't find it creepy at all esp. if you tell me that you are, which obviously you have so thanks :)
Just FYI I changed my blog address (since blogger on my kinleejae blogspot stopped letting me load pictures) you can follow me on www.montanddawna.blogspot.com if you would like, too :) I'll probably be shutting down that old one as soon as I get the last few months printed in to another book.
Anyway, hang in there, my heart and my thoughts are with you in your present struggles, Tara.